Please send your position description to email@example.com. If possible please provide a closing date
for applications, or let us know once your position is filled.
Postings may be removed after 6 months unless you notify us that
you wish the posting to remain beyond that time.
Skate Canada Coach
Classifieds - for coaching job opportunities nation-wide
WOS | Out-of-Section
WOS Coaching & Club Positions
Guelph Figure Skating Club
... is looking for a minimum NCCP Level 2 certified coach for our club starting immediately. We are a well established club with 400+ skaters including a solid competitive development program with training offered in city facilities from September to May. Applicants must have excellent team-building, organizational and interpersonal skills as well as strong communications skills, both verbal and written, to interact with parents, rink personnel, board members, coaching staff and skaters of all ages and abilities. A thorough knowledge of the Skate Canada Program Standards will be necessary. Current First Aid, Current Police Check and Skate Canada Ethic Certification are a requirement. Power skating experience and harness skills (on and off-ice) would be an asset.
• Interested coaches are asked to please send their resume to Melinda Whitaker, Club President at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is Jun 5, 2013.
(updated May 16)
Hamilton Skating Club
... is seeking an Office Administrator. This position is suitable for a responsible, mature person (non-student). This will start with 15-20 hours a week (will vary depending on the time of year due to registrations and other club activities) and the person must be available evenings and weekends. ** We thank all candidates. Responses will be made only to those candidates meeting the criteria.
• Please submit resume by May 18 at email@example.com or email for more details. Starting date May 20, 2013. (upd 3 May)
Thorold Skating Club
... requires a certified skating coach to join our team for the 2013-2014 skating season.
• Please send resume to Amelia,
14 Nottingham St., Thorold ON L2V 4G1, or firstname.lastname@example.org (26 Apr)
Brant Skating Club
... is actively seeking a Preskate/CanSkate coach for the 2013-14 session. CanSkate certification is mandatory, however NCCP Level 1 is preferred. Successful applicant must be able to work on Saturdays. Our season runs from the first of October until the end of March.
• Resumes can be forwarded to our President, Sandra Larose at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (13 Apr)
Exeter Skating Club
... is seeking 1-2 coaches for its 2013-14 CanSkate session. Minimum NCCP Level 1 Certification is preferred but will consider CanSkate certification for the right applicant. The season runs from the first of October until the end of March on Monday and Thursday nights. ESC offers competitive wages, education opportunities and a supportive executive.
• Resumes can be forwarded to email@example.com or mailed to PO Box 233, Exeter ON N0M 1S6. (9 Apr)
Woodstock Skating Club
1. We are seeking a Skate Canada Certified Dance Partner for the 2013-2014 skating season. The session times are Thursdays from approximately 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. Dates and times are approximate until the sessions are finalized.
• Please contact the skating club office at 519-421-1661, if interested.
2. We are also accepting applications for qualified coaches with experience for our CanSkate and STARSkate programs for the 2013-2014 skating season. We are looking for a minimum NCCP Level 1 Certification, with commitment to achieve Level 2 or higher. Applicants must have up-to-date First Aid Certification and be a registered Skate Canada Coaching member in good standing. Our season operates from September until the end of March with programs running Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Experience in the administration of the new CanSkate program would be beneficial. Experience coaching synchro would be an asset. Opportunities to freelance will be available.
• Interested applicants can forward resumes to the Woodstock Skating Club office, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 Apr)
Rockton Winter Club
... is currently accepting applications for qualified coaches with experience for our CanSkate and STARSkate programs for the 2013-2014 skating season. We are looking for a minimum NCCP Level 1 Certification, with commitment to achieve Level 2 or higher. The successful candidate would also have their CanPowerSkate certification (or willingness to obtain) in 2013. Applicants must have up-to-date First Aid Certification and be a registered Skate Canada Coaching member in good standing. Our season operates from September until the end of March with programs running Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Saturdays late morning to early afternoon. Experience in the administration of the new CanSkate program would be an asset. Immediate opportunities exist for coaching CanSkate, CanPowerSkate and STARSkate programs.
• Interested applicants can forward resumes to Andrea Whelan, email@example.com or by mail to Rockton Winter Club P.O. Box 37, Rockton, On, L0R 1X0 (1 Apr)
Northern BC Centre for Skating (BC)
... (formerly Spruce City Skating Club), is accepting applications for a specialized coach to join their dynamic coaching
team. All members of the team are expected to work together to achieve technical and category advancement targets as established by the Director of Skating and Development Director. The position is divided into two parts:
- Planning, execution and implementation of the “new CanSkate” model
(currently operational) including daytime Elementary CanSkate (70+ members) and afternoon CanSkate (80+ members)
- Specialization/management of all aspects for all athletes in STAR 2 and STAR 3 (PrePreliminary and Preliminary)
- Development of spins for athletes of all levels
- Additional elements of specialization to be determined based on completion
of Coach Specialization Survey
- Junior Academy/STAR 1 Program Manager
- fill in for absent coaches as required
The Learn to Skate and STAR 23 Manager at NBCCS is a critical role to the
ongoing success of our Centre as they interact with the athletes, coaching staff
and executive committee at an “intro to skating” level. The successful
candidate will be entrusted with significant responsibility to drive growth, a positive reputation and the high level of operational excellence that NBCCS has come to expect. ISPC (Level 2) Certification is an asset, although not a requirement. Salary to commensurate based on experience.
The Northern BC Centre for Skating is based in Prince George, British Columbia. The number of northern athletes who utilize the Centre as a year round training destination is increasing.
Joanne Wankling, Pro-Liaison, Northern BC Centre For kating.<firstname.lastname@example.org>,
Rory Allen, Director of Skating,
Northern BC Centre for Skating,
www.skateprincegeorge.com, www.tourismpg.com. Only those selected for an interview will
be contacted. (2 May)
New Brunswick Section Director of Development (Technical Director) Part Time